Lori and Cody decided to come try out my bed and breakfast for themselves. They came to stay after going to the rodeo at the state fair on Saturday. We played Cutthroat Uno before calling it a night where they tried out the smaller, soft bed in the guest room AND the double bed in the living room. Apparently they couldn't decide which one they liked better.
After a blueberry pancake, scrambled eggs, and fruit smoothie breakfast, we played Egyptian Rat Slap, Cutthroat Uno, King's Corners, and Memory. We couldn't get Cody to play multiple games of the Egyptian Rat Slap though because the Pack girls tend to get a little competitive...besides being pretty fast.
This evening after coming to my parents' house to spend the night before my next doctor's appointment, we had Dana's family, Kevin, Lori, Cody, and my parents all playing more card games. Since I no longer play Canasta (thanks to a cheater who's turned me off the game forever), I was able to convice Jason to come over (the aforementioned cheater), and play a REAL game of Egyptian Rat Slap. It was FANTASTIC. He played with Lori and I and we are all pretty well-matched so it was a championship tournament. Each of us would get out multiple times but were able to slap back in. Then Jason and I played a few games of California Speed and they were involved to say the least. We had a crowd of people watching us play because it was so intense. And FUN. It's been awhile since we've played like that and it was great! That would be the Pack competitive side showing again...
Sounds like a blast!! I remember playing California speed and Egyptian Rat Slap with you....and as I remember it, I totally (cough cough) kicked your butt at it. Now I can't even remember had to play either of those. We do play canasta every so often though. Aaaahhh...card games!
ReplyDeleteSo,...who was champion? You or Jason? (of course, we both know I would have been champ if I were there)
UR such a GEEK... about games! Im glad you had a good Birthday! I know how much you like to celebrate ur BIRTH! lol...
ReplyDeleteWho was the champion??? I can't believe that was even in question! We were actually 2/2. Like I said, evenly matched.
ReplyDelete