The Seminar for Temple Engineers passed this week pretty smoothly. We went to This is the Place Park on Monday and the rain held off so that we were able to walk around and enjoy the park. Tuesday was good...except when I played the piano at lunch in the JSMB Empire room. The piano there is up on a stage and you have a spotlight on you. That caused a reflection of the keyboard and my hands playing to be thrown up on the piano and it triggered one of my dizzy attacks. I had to push through it, but was sick then for several hours afterward. MaryAnn and Karen sent me home early (only a 10 1/2 hour work day) so that I would be good to go Wednesday when they needed extra help.
Wednesday the rain continued so we went over to the Tabernacle for pictures below ground (which engineers loved to see of course). Even though MaryAnn was gone half of the day taking her son to the MTC, everything seemed to work out just right. Elder Scott liked my piano playing and asked that I be told thank you. There was a dinner with vendors that night and I think it was a big hit. The food was AMAZING and actually sparked quite a bit of joking and laughing afterward amongst us when we were returning to the office at 9 p.m. Security was giving us some pretty hungry looks as we passed by with our cart laden with food so MaryAnn opened one of the to-go containers on top and said it looked like a really good assortment of the dinner items so she gave it to the security guys. Once we were past them, I brought up the fact that she had just given away my personal container...the only one on that jam-packed cart. It was a source of much amusement through the remaining days.
Thursday evening the International Children's Choir came in to sing after dinner. I was a van driver beforehand going between the hotel and the JSMB bringing the engineers' wives over to join their husbands for the event. I got to employ quite a bit of my Spanish for that.
Friday had the temple session and by then I could match the engineers up with their spouses and they were all quite impressed that I was able to inform them by sight if their wife had come out of the dressing room or not.
I was EXHAUSTED come Friday night after work and of course didn't get near enough sleep to recover from the work week of early mornings and late nights. But, it was a success!
![]() |
| The beautiful weather and flowers on Temple Square the week BEFORE the seminar. Rainy the entire week following. |
![]() |
| We got a kick out of the hole in the sock on one of the Area Directors. He laughed about it afterward as well. |


No comments:
Post a Comment