Monday, September 24, 2012

Special Manti Sealing

Karen suggested that we ride together down to Manti for the sealing of Gordon and Shauna Johnson to three of their adoptive children. I thought that was a fantastic idea and we met up in the parking lot of Macey's. I knew we had a problem when we both got out of our respective cars and tried to get into the other's car. What she actually suggested was that I drive the two of us down. We stopped for some greasy lunch at a mom and pop drive-through which of course was delicious, and we TALKED about EVERYTHING. Any possible subject that you can think of, we touched on it at one point or another. The sealing was so beautiful. When Shauna's son Chandler, who is 6 years old, walked into the sealing room and he saw his parents sitting there, his whole face lit up into the biggest smile I've ever seen. It was so sweet and got me teary-eyed right off. We were all dressed in white as we were in one of the sealing rooms off of the Celestial room. After, we walked around the temple and took pictures and also met up at a local park for sandwiches. I'm so glad they invited me!
 
Sunday was the dedication of the Brigham City Utah Temple. I went with mom and dad to it at the stake center for their Spanish ward so they could say hi to any of their ward members that they saw. Jeremy Call was in town so we prepared for him to come over for Sunday dinner and mom and I ended up having what I call 'Armageddon'. It stemmed from a disagreement on me being the one who always does the dishes at their house and morphed into something else entirely. We ended on good terms after, but our relationship has felt a little strained since. It should be noted that I ended up setting the table, cleaning off the table, and washing the dishes. Like I said. Today, I met up with Jeremy after work and walked over to the Nauvoo Cafe with him so he could have some dinner. He's interested in possibly working for the Church and moving back from Fort Collins, Colorado to Utah.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment