Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Month of Zabels?

I stayed in Heber through Sunday so I could be there to support Jeremy for his priesthood ordination now that he is 16 years old.  Jenny had mentioned that he'd hoped to have some family there since both set of grandparents were out of town.  He got his wish!  Dana came up with some of his family and Lori and her family came up and we had dinner together after Church.

Thursday the 19th was our department potluck and Christmas sing-a-long, something I always look forward to.  It was super snowy that day though and I wasn't feeling well so I ended up staying home.  Good thing I did too.  The roads were really bad and the Church ended up letting everyone go home early for the day at noon.  I felt bad for all those in the department who spent time bringing stuff in only to have a rushed eat before leaving Church campus for the day.

Why yes I did return to Heber on Sunday.  That wasn't the original plan because I hadn't been to my ward for so long and I was going to spend Christmas with Jenny's family already, but Jenny called to ask if I'd sit with the kids while she and the older boys were on the stand taking part in their ward Christmas party.  She even mentioned that TJ and Micah were supposed to be wisemen in the program and would be in costume.  How could I turn that down?  They all did a great job!  I went up and met them at their Church and then left right after sacrament meeting so it was a quick visit. I was back up there Monday though, straight from work, to stay through Christmas.

Monday night we played lots of games downstairs, Ping-Pong, wii, fooseball, etc.  Turns out Brett has some hidden Ping-Pong skills!  I'd always start out strong but he'd come back and beat me.  Tuesday we went to the Church and played basketball and had a nice leisure day.  I snuck away for a bit with Jer and Nate so we could practice a special song on the guitar to play for Jenny that night during the program.  We got mom, dad, and Jodie all on different phones so they could Skype and listen to the program.  The boys all played their Christmas music they'd been practicing, Nate and I played the guitar and sang our song for Jenny with Jer, we did the manger scene reenactment (I was Mary) and then opened a few presents.  It was a great night and so nice of the Zabels to invite me to join them!

I'd have to say I'm not used to taking part in putting presents out at night after the kids go to bed.  Even as an adult, mom and dad would make us go to bed before they would put anything out under the tree.  The room was stuffed full of presents.  Jenny certainly knows how to stretch a dollar and get things the kids will like!  They even got me several presents to open Christmas morning and I brought a few of my own to put under the tree so we all had the same amount of presents to open.  It looked like a tornado had struck by the time everything was said and done!  The big hit of the day?  The Duck Dynasty DVDs I gave the family.  Ha!  Do I know my audience or what?!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment