Saturday, March 19, 2011

Winning!

Lori and I went down to Utah Valley Regional hospital this morning to visit Jenica and her new baby McKenna.  She was born on the 18th at 5 in the morning and is 6 lbs 15 oz.

From there we headed directly to the AF Rec for racquetball. Since I haven't played in ages, I was pretty pleased with myself to score the first few points each game so that briefly I was 'winning' to put it in Charlie Sheen's terms. Of course, I've been on a severely restricted calorie, no sugar, health plan, was hooked up to my heart monitor still, and hadn't exercised like that in awhile so there was a point at the end after going up the stairs at the rec that I saw spots and almost fainted. I had to lean over a half wall that goes around the track until the black in my vision receded and my shaking hands calmed enough for me to make it out to my car to sit down. It was a close one!

Jodie and I met up at the movies after that for a double-header. We both hadn't been to the movies in awhile so we wanted to make up for it...plus we had gift cards so it was 'free'. We saw Little Red Riding Hood and the Adjustment Bureau.

Dana's family was over at mom's when we got there so mom and I played Guillotine with Bailey and Taylor. It was pretty fun and they picked it up quickly...and fortunately Kevin wasn't there so it was a good time had by all!


No comments:

Post a Comment