While listening to General Conference on the radio, I cleaned out my boxes in mom and dad's storage container. Five hours later, I had removed half of the junk and kept only the things that really mattered to me. Like the crystal wear and embroidered pillow cases from grandma Pack, the crocheted blankets and pillow from grandma Backlund, the Crystal Creations jewelry box from Joseph, mission stuff, etc. I let the nieces and nephews go through three 'give-away' boxes and they LOVED it. Their mom had to slow them down because they tried to take everything - especially Bryan. I guess one person's junk is another's treasure!
Instead of all the girls going out to eat while the guys went to Conference, we put a quilt on to tie as a Humanitarian project in memorium of Yvonne Oliphant who passed away the day before. I finally got to use my big roll of fabric that I've had since cleaning up after the Draper/Oquirrh Mountain Cultural Celebrations.
No comments:
Post a Comment