After work I stopped at a gas station to fill up. A man approached me saying he was very embarrased to have to ask this, but could I help with enough gas to get to Utah County. So, I bought $10 worth of gas and both he and the woman in his car were very appreciative. They had a little baby asleep in a car seat in the back. A scam? Maybe, but, what if they really needed it? I decided it was worth the $10 bet.
It reminded me of being in Hawaii with the family and we were approached by a man in a broken wheelchair, bloodied and crying. He needed help getting a disabled cab to come and pick him up since he'd crashed and it broke the wheelchair and he couldn't get home. Maybe an elaborate hoax, but worth the $110 bet just in case he really was in need.
I just saw a "what would you do?" episode where they had people ask others for help with gas at the gas station. A young mexican kid totally helped a white woman (actress),...but then when he went around to ask people nobody would help him. He was so disheartened. IT was kind of sad. Glad you helped out...and I think you are right...it is worth the $10.
ReplyDelete