Thursday, September 1, 2011

London Baby!

We made it to London! Since we arrived at 7:30 a.m., I made Kim, Karen, and Shauna stay up all day to adjust to the time difference. We headed immediately to Buckingham Palace, took the double-decker buses around London, and then toured the Tower of London. We made it an early night and they were in bed by 8 p.m.

Kim and I were going to meet at 7 a.m. to go stand in line for Wicked tickets. She came and knocked on the door and said it was time to go. I told her my alarm didn't go off so I was going to have to throw on some clothes and come out. She said she'd wait for me down in the lobby. It REALLY didn't feel like 7 a.m., but my watch had stopped so I couldn't confirm. My alarm clock said midnight though, so I went down to the lobby and asked Kim, 'are you sure it's 7? because I think it's midnight!' Sure enough, there was a clock on the wall confirming it was only midnight. We got to go back to sleep again! The funniest part about this is that when Kim woke up in her room, she and Shauna discussed how they'd just had the best sleep of their lives and felt so refreshed. After Kim left the room, Shauna had started getting up and dressed ready for the day too!

The back of Buckingham Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment