There is a very sweet senior sister missionary who volunteers in the Temple Support Divison of the Temple Department (her brother is Wilford Brimley the actor). Her husband passed away this last Sunday so several of us went to the funeral for him in Bountiful. She is the one who wanted me to give her a tour of England but had to cancel the plans because she wasn't able to find someone to care for her husband, who had Alzheimer's, while she was away. Maybe we'll revisit that idea now?
We had a friends reunion that night, Thursday. I picked up Amanda at the train station and Amy drove up from Pleasant Grove with Danielle Taylor Westra. It was a nice dinner! Then we went to Hatch's Chocolates for dessert of course (that's a Felix requirement!). Made me think of the old days when we were all in the singles ward together in Pleasant Grove w/Bishop Hill and I was the Relief Society President with Danielle as one of my counselors.
Lori made another run up to Salt Lake on Friday to meet me for a USB drive download. She needed to pick up some more shows from the batches that Max is getting for me. Cody came along w/her for the ride and they hit the Cheesecake Factory too.
Saturday night, all very spur of the moment, Melissa Larson drove up and we saw Warm Bodies (a romantic Zombie flick, go figure!), then went to dinner at Zupas. She had picked up some professional hair color for me and then colored my hair to show me how it was done. When it was wet, it looked black and scared me to death that it was that dark. When it's dry though, it is a nice brown color, darker than I usually go, but not excessive. I quite like it and it has GREAT root coverage. Maybe this one will last longer than the usual 28 washes colors I do myself.
My friends must really like to spend time with me because they certainly drive long distances to come and visit! Of which I am very appreciative! Amy came up again tonight for dinner. I had lent her these two cute books that are fast reads so she was returning them and wanted to hang out as well. She's moving from Pleasant Grove this next weekend to Provo. Right as I'm about to move down there. Our timing could have been better that's for sure!
| Fortune from the Chinese lunch we had after Sis Stevens' husband's funeral. Sounds good to me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment