Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend? What Weekend?!!

Friday I drove so I could head to the Avenues after work.  The pool is open again at Brittany's home association!  After 40 minutes of laps and this season's first episode of SYTYCD, we joined her mom's "girls party" that was being thrown in the East Wing of the house.  We had Cafe Rio and chatted.  Although I was invited for the sleepover, I headed out about 10 p.m. when the games were starting.

I made it casual Friday at work...after knowing the head bosses wouldn't be there...
Saturday was Beau's baptism in Lehi.  It took two hours because of the way their stake runs the baptisms, but the luncheon at Sarah's mom's house afterwards was really nice.  Good food, relaxing backyard location, we found out Deborah is 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, and got to meet Sarah's fiance, Micah.  Jon and Jenica with their group were even invited over.

Christian and Ari held hands during the baptism. So cute!
We had a good time on the swing.

That night we all got together again at Deborah's house for Sarah and Micah's engagement party.  I invited Edna and we went over to it together.  I tried to go out of my comfort zone and introduce myself and talk to all the different groups of people that were there and took my time doing it (three hours in fact).  Made it so I thought the party went well, but you'd have to talk to everyone else who went to get their take on it too.  Micah's sister works for a non-profit organization helping leper colonies in India.  They do volunteer trips there so I'll have to research it a little more to see if that is something I'm interested in doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment