After that job interview at doTERRA, I spent the entire week while on vacation thinking about what I should do. Every time I went to the temple I pondered each job. I'd finally decided to stay in the Temple Department (because I'd be crazy to leave such a good job, right?), but I still kept thinking about it. While on the airplane about to take off from New York, I had a phone call with the HR Director at doTERRA. He offered the job but I turned it down. He said to not be so hasty, but to come in and meet with him to discuss any reservations I might have. I said thanks but no thanks and thought that was the end of it. After returning home though, I thought about my Patriarchal blessing and got to really thinking about certain things that are mentioned therein and how I wasn't fulfilling them at my job at the Church. After praying about it again, I decided I needed to go in and speak with doTERRA again. I set up an appointment and met with them again on Wednesday. It was very tempting. The HR director said he'd get back to me with a formal offer from them later. It would be quite a change!
Did I mention that thanks to the door being left open to my house that I ended up with over 70 bug bites? They were all on my arms, upper chest, neck and face. All the parts that stick outside of my blankets at night. They weren't really mosquito bites because the bite bump spread and got worse and I found what I think were red biting gnats in the house that I had to go around and kill. Nice residual effect from that scary "break-in."
TJ's birthday was this week so I drove up to Heber after work on Friday to pick him up and head back to Pleasant Grove for a sleepover. We watched a movie that night and in the morning I took him to his favorite place - McDonald's - and then we went to the Highland Glen Park to see the ducks and play on the playground there. TJ was disappointed that French fries hadn't been available on their breakfast menu so after the park, we hit McDonald's again just for the fries, and then went to the Pleasant Grove Park for the Pack family reunion. We did a special little celebration there to celebrate what would have been Grandma Pack's 100th birthday. I finished up the busy week by driving up to Snowbird with Karen and Shawna's family groups to play cards as they started off their week up there. It's always nice spending time with them! But, I was tired by the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment