Saturday, June 4, 2011

Off and Running

Today was a busy day. It started out with a cello lesson from Brynn Reimschussel. Her dad thought I should meet up with her once while I'm still just learning the cello so I can make sure my technique is right. It was a lot of fun. It was really comfortable playing with her and so fun to hear the harmonies between the two instruments. I've gotten two new cello books from my visiting teacher who works at a music store so I'm excited to try them out.

Then I went to X-Men First Class with mom, Cody and Lori. Just as good as the first one! I rushed afterward back up to Salt Lake to meet up with a guy I found on KSL. I bought a Grand-Suzuki guitar from him. He also threw in a leather strap, hard case and guitar stand. It's a nice guitar so I'm excited to learn this next!

As I was driving back to my place, I witnessed a police chase. Two undercover detectives crashed into a suspect and then all three ran past me on the sidewalk in a chase. One of the policemen had his gun drawn aimed at the suspect yelling at him to stop or he'd shoot. It made me instinctively duck down in my car just in case there were flying bullets, and then I considered pulling my car over in front of the suspect to stop him but by that time it was too late. I still don't know if they ended up catching him.

Aaron, Amy, and Amanda Felix came up for the evening and we watched a couple of movies. They had Hatch's chocolate of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment