I spent the night at mom's because we wanted to go to the 8:30 a.m. Spanish endowment session at the Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple. Dad had been asked to go to his assignment a little bit early so that he could help out at the end. Mom and I just barely made it in to the packed session. It makes you appreciate hearing the endowment in your own language! I was fine for most of it, and finished it up in English. Mindy came too and I gave her a Christmas present. After, we went out to eat at Winger's and mom announced to Mindy that Kevin is going to be moving out since new people are moving in! It was very exciting. Mindy's car battery had died while we were in there so we her to give her a jump. In the POURING rain.
Then, mom and I went to see the movie Sherlock Holmes. The whole day I played chauffeur and would drive her to the door of the temple, then walk in the pouring rain. Then I'd go get the car in the pouring rain for her. Same with at lunch and going to the movie. I was soaked! Then we get into the movie and mom asks for my coat to put over her legs because she was cold. She wanted to know why my coat was so wet it was almost soaked through. I don't think she was properly penitent when I explained it was due to me being out in the rain so much so that she would remain dry and comfortable...
No comments:
Post a Comment