Well, I had another bad day today. When I was standing at work I got very faint and had to lean against the wall. Then, it started to seem like a very good idea all of a sudden to sit on the floor, so I started sliding down the wall. Fortunately, a co-worker saw me and came over to brace me and help me get back to my desk and a chair. Unfortunately, it was the start of a bad day. My blood pressure was low AND my heart rate was low. It felt very weak. I finally had to go lay down in the bathroom until it got a little better. It came back though and this time the blood pressure was low while my pulse was elevated and beating arrhythmically. That. Hurts. After about 45 minutes of that, I decided to go home since it was getting too hard to keep myself from crying. I broke down in the parking garage and had to sit in my car trying to get the crying under control before driving home. I also had to put my sunglasses on in the garage so the security guards wouldn't worry as I drove past them. But, I made it home and it did start getting better after lying down for awhile, though the headache that came was killer.
My visiting teaching partner and teachee were scheduled to come to my place at 5 p.m. and since it's so hard to get this lady to commit, I couldn't cancel. So, I managed to put on a good face during the visit (glad they came to me though!), even when the teachee walked into my apartment carrying her dog. Her. Dog. We all know how I feel about that! But, I made it through and now get to lie here for the rest of the evening, thankfully.
I knew this day was going to be bad when the first experience made sitting on the floor, in a dress, at work, sound like a good idea! The floor??!
No comments:
Post a Comment