Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gum Surgery

I decided that since I have several days off for the Thanksgiving holiday, it would be a good idea to have the surgery to rebuild my gums that my dentist and periodontist have been recommending for years. So, I went in. The day before Thanksgiving. They promised I'd be able to eat soft food, and what's softer than mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie (no crust)?

Apparently I worried the doctor and his assistant when I came in wearing a white shirt. Who would have thought there would be a lot of bleeding? There was. When I sat up in the chair afterward, they gave me a mirror and moist towel to wash my face. My cheeks were covered with blood which the assistant said came from dragging the tools across my face, but seemed a bit much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment