It worked out that Jenny's family were able to come down on New Year's Eve for our party. Dana's family came over too as did Lori and Cody. We had dinner and then played games. We went old school by playing some of the old games like Prophets, Pig, and the one we played the longest - Signs. Even Brett came and played that one with us. They all had to leave around 10:30 p.m. to drive home, but then we broke out Tetris again and played it until the new year.
The night was another bittersweet experience because we found out that Lisa lost her baby. She was 20 weeks along. Her water broke and she went into labor that night. Turns out the cord was wrapped tightly around the baby's neck twice. Ryan James Hyer was born at around 4 a.m. He was six inches long and almost a pound. I woke up New Year's morning and heard the news and immediately started crying. If it was that hard on me, I can't even imagine what it is for Lisa to go through! Mom and dad left before I even got up in the morning to drive up to Idaho to help out as needed.
When I was at Jenny's two week's ago, I picked up Nate's guitar and played a few songs for the boys before we prayed together and went to bed. One of the songs I played was Tammy's in Love. TJ loved it and kept singing it to me. Turns out two weeks later he still remembers it and sang it for me again. I caught it on video and love, love, LOVED his super red lips (cherry popsicle). Makes me want to just bite them!



No comments:
Post a Comment