Sunday, December 18, 2011

Performance Day

I had some super cute boys come and wake me up in the morning. They like to climb in bed for a little while before going out for breakfast. I certainly don't mind!

For this Sunday, I played two songs on the cello in two different sacrament meetings. The first was the Spanish ward and I practiced beforehand with the eight kids who would be playing the violin (all from the Spanish ward except Nathan and Mike). Jenny played the piano for it. I think it went pretty well. After, we went to the Zabel's ward to see Jeremy get the priesthood. He's really growing up on us! Then, we played two more songs in that ward's sacrament meeting. There wasn't time beforehand to do any practice with this group. There were about four times as many people at this ward and since we didn't practice, I was really nervous. Do you know how hard it is to play a stringed instrument when your hands are shaking?!! I didn't feel like this one went as well as the first meeting, but we made it through!

We ate dinner afterwards at Jenny's and Matthew was so cute! He insisted I have a place at the table...the children's miniature picnic table that is. I couldn't pass it up though with how cute he was. He also liked trying on some sunglasses.



No comments:

Post a Comment