Kent Arrington my old boss had his farewell luncheon this week before he leaves to be mission president in Concepcion Chile. Loved when he and Bob Dunford, my other old boss who is now the recorder at the Salt Lake Temple, tried on each others coats! I miss these guys!


When talking with Grandma earlier this week on Monday, she mentioned that it might be fun to go to the movies or out to eat sometime. I told her some of the plans I already had scheduled for the week and her response was that she didn't realize I was so busy and thought I just sat around watching television every night after work. Just for that I had to squeeze her in! Not Tuesday though because I already had scheduled to go play racquetball with Amy. We're working on being more active this summer. We each took a turn getting hit by the ball (not on purpose of course) and I won one game righthanded, two games lefthanded, then she won the third game against my lefthand when we only went to 7. I'd meant to go back to my right, but had hurt my right shoulder on a return serve so I stuck with the left. That right shoulder joint has been aching ever since!


When talking with Grandma earlier this week on Monday, she mentioned that it might be fun to go to the movies or out to eat sometime. I told her some of the plans I already had scheduled for the week and her response was that she didn't realize I was so busy and thought I just sat around watching television every night after work. Just for that I had to squeeze her in! Not Tuesday though because I already had scheduled to go play racquetball with Amy. We're working on being more active this summer. We each took a turn getting hit by the ball (not on purpose of course) and I won one game righthanded, two games lefthanded, then she won the third game against my lefthand when we only went to 7. I'd meant to go back to my right, but had hurt my right shoulder on a return serve so I stuck with the left. That right shoulder joint has been aching ever since!
Tonight I went with grandma to dinner. We got to use the remaining $6 from a gift card mom and dad had leftover at the Pizza Factory. It was a wild night out on the town...with us back in by 6:30. I could have double-booked myself if I'd known we'd be done so soon! It did allow me some time to have a text conversation back and forth with mom in Spanish. Glad she's practicing!
I started riding the van pool to work this week. It means I get up an extra 15 minutes earlier each day and I get home 15 minutes later. It's been nice to finally get some scripture study in on the drive each morning though.
No comments:
Post a Comment