Thursday, June 13, 2013

Scheduled Down-time?

Grandma commented again to me this week that is seems like I'm always busy. I could see how this week gives that impression. Racquetball Monday night, my Primary presidency meeting Tuesday night, eyelashes Wednesday night (followed by time upstairs w/Lori while Amy and Shay were there waiting so we could play Just Dance 4 which didn't work out), then my department Summer Social tonight at the Conference Center. I went to the tour ahead of time and since I'm friends with the Events Coordinator over there now due to the Recorder Seminar, I fell into old habits and helped him get the group of people from one location to another automatically. I got to see some space that I hadn't ever before because the doors just happened to be open when we walked down the GA hallway under the Conference Center. We got to see the small cafeteria/break room and the makeup room, then also the rest areas with couches, TVs, and small rooms with beds for the First Presidency and Twelve to use between sessions of Conference. After dinner, which was held in the Friberg Gallery (Book of Mormon Gallery), we moved to the Theatre and T.C. Christensen spoke to us about some of the films that he has created such as 17 Miracles and Ephraim's Rescue. Now I need to go see that movie! I managed to squeeze in some time at the Pacini's afterall and went up there for a little Veronica Mars after the Social got over at 8 p.m. I'm spending the night so I don't have a late commute. We're already scheduled again for next Thursday and Friday!
 
Centerpieces from the Summer Social
 

No comments:

Post a Comment